8/22/14

showers in niagra & wine on the lake




My love and I have been having a whirlwind of an August. The first weekend in August we went to a 4 day country music festival and camped with friends that we met at the same festival last year. Four days ago we flew from Ontario to Vancouver and then drove 10 hours to the Rockies for my cousin's wedding and in a few days we will take our time driving back to Vancouver to enjoy my hometown together in summer's twilight. It has been an incredible month and I'm feeling ever so grateful for the opportunities I've been given and that people that I've been surrounded with.




Last weekend, however, was spent in Niagra. The trip came as a total surprise courtesy of Tyler - I didn't know where we were going until the day of! Our weekend passed by far too quickly and seemed to bring new light to my soul. My love manages a private vineyard so we enjoyed seeing, touring and tasting the vineyards from the famed region and dreaming of our future.

Tyler also got us so close to the falls I could taste them on two seperate occasions - once on foot through tunnels behind and beside the falls and second on a boat that had us shower in Niagra's mist as it traveled from America to Canada.



As much as I loved the tunnels, the boat tour made my day. I grew up next to the Pacific and many of my fondest memories are on boats. Being able to glide along the aqua water right into the falls was something I'll never forget. The spray started slowly, and before I knew it I was completely drenched from the mist. I laughed like a child at the ponchos blowing into everyone's mouth; I whooped and hollered at the feeling of being truly alive and a part of the natural world. I need to let my heartbeat sync up with the earth's pulse more often. 



4 comments :

  1. Love niagara! We have yet to go this summer. I just got back from BC and I love that place even more. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BC is incredible isn't it?! I'm originally from the province and I miss the mountains and ocean on a daily basis. I'm so glad you were able to experience it.

      Delete
  2. These pictures are beautiful and spark my wanderlust! I am so happy that you and your love have been traveling. I know it's refreshing and just what the soul needs.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! It certainly is refreshing. I think we might have found our next migration spot too, as soon we'll be on the move again.

      Delete


Back to Top